Ladies, we leave this weekend for our annual Women's Retreat! We are looking forward to spending this time with you as this is always a great time of worship, fellowship, and relaxation! Below are details to help you prepare for the retreat.
What do I Pack?
- Your Bible / pen / journal
- Clothes appropriate for the beach and outdoor activities (click here for weather)
- Beach gear (towel, chair, sunscreen, etc)
- *Bed linens, bath towels, and full kitchen set provided by the resort
What about Food?
The only meal provided will be dinner on Saturday (pizza and salad). You will be responsible for dinner on Friday, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. There are limited restaurants around the resort, so we recommend stopping to get dinner on your way in Friday evening. Feel free to coordinate with your small group (who are also the people sharing the condo with you) to share breakfast, snacks, and lunch if you want.
Who is in my Small Group?
You should receive (or maybe already have) an email from your small group leader this week. If you haven't heard anything by Thursday, shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call/text us (phone numbers at the bottom of this page)!
What Does the Weekend Look Like?
- 4pm -- Check-in opens
- 7pm -- Session 1
- 9:15am -- Saturday morning session
- 12pm -- Lunch / Free time
- 6pm -- Dinner together as a whole group
- 7pm -- Session 2
- 10am -- check out of condos and Session 3
- 11:30am -- Wrap-up and head back to Cola
Directions and Check-In
We will be staying at Wild Dunes Resort
4601 Palm Blvd, Isle of Palms, SC 29451
*Be sure to use this address in your GPS. Just entering "Wild Dunes" sometimes takes you the wrong way.
Enter through the guard gate, veer right, and our Shipwatch condos are about 1/2 mile past the main hotel building.
Once in the Shipwatch condo area, find the "A" building and go to condo 206 A, where Amanda Mann (803-730-3986) has your keys and parking passes. Please do not go to the main hotel check-in.
Rooms will be ready at 4:00pm on Friday. If you arrive after 7:00pm, please go directly to the Tidewater Meeting Facility to pick up your keys.
Prepare Your Heart
Our theme for the retreat is "The Gift of Community" and we have some wonderful teachers sharing about what healthy Biblical community looks like and why we need it. Here are some ways to help you reflect and prepare for the topic:
- Hebrews 10:23-25: "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."
- Reflection questions from our teachers (Note: These are just for personal reflection-- don't feel obligated to share your answers)
- Is there at least one person in your life who knows your deepest, darkest sins and is able to call you out on them?
- Do you report to/share with that person on a regular basis?
- Is there at least one person in your life who is safe to talk to and reliable if you need them in an emergency?
- You can also follow our Spotify Women's Retreat playlist to help begin preparing your heart for this weekend:
If you have not paid your remaining balance, please use the following form to do so: